Why I Blog

By The Red Witch on 3:26 PM

Filed Under: ,


Today Laurie over at Tip Junkie is having a Talk To Me Tuesday and asking  us chick bloggers to answer this seemingly simple question- 'Why do you blog?'

 I've been a fan of Laurie and her seriously awesome site for quite a while, but since I'm the shy type, today I decided to finally participate in a TJ activity ;-)

3 Reasons Why I Blog

Reason #1. It's fun and creative -

Like many bloggers who are just starting out, at the beginning I also thought blogging was for people who are mostly into creative writing. Not so!

You don't have to be the next Shakespeare to write a blog, and have loads of fun throughout! Writing is a creative process which unleashes our inner muse, sets our ideas free, shapes them and helps us realize them. This makes us feel good! Also, as part of a blogging community, we also feel the joy of meeting new fellow bloggers, interacting with them, learning from them and getting inspiration from them. It's one of life's little 'social pleasures'.

Reason #2. It allows me to voice my opinion

Being a very strongly opinionated person, I always feel the urge to state my opinion on whatever topic interests me - be it political/ social/ cultural -you name it! Having a blog allows me to state my opinion on a topic, argument it, and debate on it with other people. In this sense, a blog is like a giant stage, and you are performing right in the middle of it!


Reason #3. It allows me to present myself and what I do to the world

Nowadays, all businesses, big and small, have blogs on their web pages. This is so for a reason - letting people know a bit about the person behind the business, a little bit about who you are and how you see the world makes them see the 'human' aspect of your business, no matter how big or small it is. This makes the business interaction more... humane. It's no longer just an exchange of money and goods, it's a social exchange, an exchange of ideas.
 You all know I make and sell jewelry ;) so, for me, and all the other great artisans and designers out there, blogging is a very important part of the process of presenting ourselves and the art that we make. It helps us build more personal relationships with our customers and find new friends.


Conclusion:

If you are reading this and you are still toying with the idea of starting a blog- don't think too much about it. 
Just do it. 
What's there to lose anyway?


*The Red Witch

0 comments for this post

Related Posts with Thumbnails